Thursday 9 August 2007

A life long commitment











One of the most amazing experiences I have had as a mommy came on our last weekend in Florida. My kids have been saved ever since they were old enough to grasp what Jesus did for them. The girls had been wanting to get baptised, but I kept putting it off. A couple of weeks before we were set to leave Fl, they asked me to ask Pastor James if he would be willing to baptize them before we left. He agreed and we set a date for the weekend of April 28th. After church he came out to the beach we had on base and talked with Allen, the girls, Ricky and me about what they were about to do. Allen decided that he also wanted to get baptised too. Ricky had said that he wanted to get "bathtised" too, but I wasn't sure he was old enough to make that decision. After Pastor James prayed with us, they went out into the ocean and they were baptised. Ricky asked again and Pastor James talked to him and he told Allen that he thought he was ready, as long as we were okay with that. That day everyone in my family publicly acknowledged their desire to serve God for the rest of their lives.

1 comment:

Carrie J said...

What a wonderful experience to share as a family. I'm sure it will be a precious memory for all of you. We think of you guys often and pray for Alan's safety as he goes about his work.
I'm so glad you started the blog. I get so busy with work that I don't keep mine as personal as I probably should.
I enjoy sharing ideas and things I find with others but I don't always have time to actually "blog". I'm more into photos.
Keep us posted on your adventures.